NORTHERN SYDNEY LOCAL HEALTH DISTRICT
HORNSBY KU-RING-GAI HEALTH SERVICE
PERMANENT PART-TIME (0.4FTE) STAFF SPECIALIST GENERAL PRACTICE UNIT
Applications are invited from suitably qualified medical practitioner for appointment to a Staff Specialist position in the Hornsby GP Unit within Northern Sydney Health District. The Hornsby GP Unit is a department of Hornsby Hospital and presently sees patients at Hornsby GP Unit and Brooklyn (located in the Brooklyn Community Health Centre).
The Unit has a strong educational focus and the Unit has close association with the Sydney University Academic Department of GP, and the Northern Clinical School. There are medical students, JMOs from the Hospital and a GP registrar attached to the Unit. The Unit has a reputation for excellence in clinical care and GP education.
The appointee will have primarily a clinical and educational and supervision role within the Unit. There is also opportunity to be involved in University teaching and research and the appointee will be encouraged to apply for a clinical academic appointment.
The successful applicant must be a medical graduate eligible for specialist registration with AHPRA, with an appropriate specialist qualification (FRACGP or equivalent). It is expected that the successful applicant will be an experienced medical educator with GP supervision experience, with demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The applicant will also have demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
Enquiries concerning the position should be directed to Dr Elizabeth Marles, Director of the Hornsby GP Unit
Ph: 02 9485 6200 email email@example.com
Staff Specialist terms and conditions are in accordance with the Salaried Senior Medical Practitioners (State) Award.
Please contact Medical Services for an application kit and copy of the job description on telephone 02 9477 9369.
Senior Medical Practitioner applications for positions must contain more information than that provided by the E-recruit application process. Therefore Senior Medical Practitioners are encouraged to follow the application instructions in the advertisement. In particular, they must complete the Senior Medical Practitioner Application Form available on the intranet site at:
then Northern S?ydney LHD Senior Medical Application for Appointment
Please forward the completed Senior Medical Practitioner Application Form and all the following documentation and information to:
Medical Services, Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Hospital, Palmerston Road, Hornsby NSW 2077, or via email to Judith.firstname.lastname@example.org or Sharon.email@example.com
You will also need to include the following documents when you return the application:
- Current up-to-date CV including details of education/qualifications and summary of work history with all appointments (current and minimum within the last ten years) listed.
- Covering letter addressing the selection criteria as listed in the attached position description
- Copies of your qualifications (University and College Fellowship)
- Copies of your indemnity, medical registration, driver’s licence and passport.
- Copy of evidence of citizenship, permanent residency, or temporary residency and visa type e.g. passport, birth certificate, citizenship certificate, residency visa.
- Copy of evidence of Continuing Education/Professional Development (College certification or statement that meets the Continuing Professional Development Standard of the Medical Board of Australia).
- The names and contact details of at least three (but no more than five) professional referees, including a medical peer from the same discipline, a medical peer from another discipline and a current line manager/supervisor