Opportunities exist for experienced VMO or Staff Specialist Orthopaedic Surgeons to join our team at Tamworth.
The position involves elective and emergency theatre lists, acute on-call work and privately referred outpatient consultancy/procedural service. You will work in both the public and private sectors at Tamworth with the expectation of providing outreach services to the surrounding communities in the North West area.
Tamworth Hospital has 288 beds, conducts over 9000 surgical procedures p.a and is equipped with 4 operating theatres and an endoscopy suite. It’s ED is one of the busiest non-metro ED’s in NSW with approx. 43,000 presentations p.a. Tamworth Hospital is the major referral centre for the northern region of HNE Health for trauma management. The retrieval service utilises a twin engine IFR rescue helicopter that is based in Tamworth to ensure rapid response in emergency situations.
Over the next few years Tamworth Hospital will undergo significant redevelopment with a $260 million hospital development further enhancing our facilities, service and excellence in health care. Stage 1, the North West Cancer Centre (including radiation oncology services) has recently been completed and is now operational. Stage 2, the acute services building including an 8 operating theatre complex, ED, ICU and other acute medical and surgical services in due for completion in 2015.
Tamara Private Hospital is the focus of private health care in the Tamworth region. The hospital has 55 beds, 3 operating theatres equipped to undertake major surgical procedures, large procedural room, and a large day surgery facility. Both Tamworth and Tamara Hospitals are equipped with Rehabilitation Units including multidisciplinary team support.
Why not make Tamworth home?
- Live in a thriving and picturesque regional city of 50,000 offering plenty of cultural and artistic attractions
- Enjoy the quality educational facilities including excellent public and private schools, University of Newcastle health campus and TAFE
- Take advantage of lower housing costs, buy some acres and graze a few head of cattle, or grow some olives, vines, fruit or nut trees
- Experience top class sporting and recreational facilities including 2 golf clubs, a state-of-the-art Indoor Sports Centre, Australian Equine and Livestock Centre plus a huge variety of recreational and sporting clubs
- Taste the flavours of the region by indulging in a meal at one of our 50+ restaurants and cafés
- Experience the great outdoors…..try your hand at paragliding, water skiing, canoeing or horse riding
- Enjoy the bonus of a work/life balance with little time spent travelling to and from work or leisure activities
- Ease of access with 5 flights daily to Sydney, and 2 flights to Brisbane
You will find that Tamworth is a great place to live, work, raise a family and further your career. Come and see what Tamworth can offer you!
Interested? Want to know more?
Contact: Dr Barbara Moritz, Director of Medical Services on (02) 6767 7264 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Maree Sheaves, Senior Recruitment Consultant, Medical Recruitment Unit on (02) 6767 8616 or email@example.com