To provide health promotion and education programs appropriate to the needs of Aboriginal men and their families in the community with a focus on Chronic Disease for Aboriginal People Model of Care to manage the care of Aboriginal people with or at risk of developing a chronic disease, and working within a multi-disciplinary community health team.
The position will contribute and support the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of strategic services or operational programs. The position will also be required to:
- Liaise, provide advice, and advocate on matters related to improving the health of Aboriginal people and work in partnership with government and non government organisations with the aim of delivering integrated and culturally appropriate programs and services for Aboriginal people.
- Support development and promotion of health services including follow up services for Aboriginal People with a chronic disease, such as those discharged from hospital.
- Assist with development of referral pathways for Aboriginal People into appropriate chronic disease management programs.
- Collaborate with other Aboriginal Health Workers and relevant stakeholders to assist development or strengthen partnerships.
- Raise awareness in the community and among health professionals and support strategies to address identified deficiencies.
- Collate and compile program data, prepare program reports and correspondence for management, as required.