Are you looking for a mix of Geriatrics and Rehabilitation Medicine?
Tamworth Rural Referral Hospital seeks the expertise of a dedicated and experienced Staff Specialist Geriatrician or Rehabilitation Physician to provide specialist Aged Care and Rehabilitation Services to the Peel and Mehi Clusters.
In this position you will provide:
- Clinical direction to the Aged Care and Rehabilitation clinical streams.
- Geriatric and Rehabilitation consultation services to inpatients in acute and sub acute facilities within Tamworth Rural Referral Hospital, Peel and Mehi clusters.
- Privately referred outpatient Geriatric and Rehabilitation consultancy service.
- Inpatient and outpatient Aged Care and Rehabilitation Assessments to Tamworth Rural Referral Hospital.
- Outreach services to the communities of the Peel and Mehi Clusters including Moree and Narrabri.
- Participate on the Rehabilitation on-call roster for Tamworth Rural Referral Hospital.
- Position is supported by an AFRM Advanced Trainee.
Tamworth Hospital has 288 beds and is the major Rural Referral Hospital providing services to the north west of NSW. Tamworth Hospital provides high level medical and surgical services, has an onsite T-Basis unit, a free standing Rehabilitation Unit with 22 beds and comprehensive multidisciplinary team support. It is has a major education complex with a 200 seat lecture theatre located onsite in the University Department of Rural Health, offering excellent opportunities to become involved in teaching and research activities. The Hospital offers excellent JMO support, telehealth services and involvement in Royal Flying Doctor clinics. There are onsite specialist Brain Injury, Spinal and Stroke Unit and Amputee services. In 2011 the hospital commenced a $260 million facility redevelopment, further enhancing our excellence in health care.
Combining beautiful scenery with contemporary affordable living, easy access to Sydney or Brisbane, excellent schooling, sporting and recreational facilities, Tamworth provides the opportunity to blend a stimulating career with an attractive lifestyle.
Numerous professionals are already enjoying this effortless lifestyle, come and see what Tamworth has to offer you!
Interested? Please contact: Dr Peter Harradine, Director of Rehabilitation and Aged Care Services Ph: 6767 8370 email@example.com or Maree Sheaves, Senior Recruitment Consultant Ph: 6767 8616 firstname.lastname@example.org