People with disabilities who meet the selection criteria are encouraged to apply; and where required, WSLHD will implement reasonable adjustment consistent with industry standard.
Stepping Up aims to assist Aboriginal job applicants by providing information about applying for roles in NSW Health organisations. For more information, please visit: http://www.steppingup.health.nsw.gov.au/. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
This position is permanent full time, working 38 hours per week with a classification dependent on qualifications (Occupational Therapist Level 1/2, Social Worker Level 1/2, Registered Nurse, Psychologist).
Please note: To be eligible for permanent appointment to a position in NSW Health, you must have an Australian citizenship or permanent Australian residency.
1.Qualifications which permit registration as a Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker, or Psychologist which provides eligibility for membership of the relevant professional association and full registration through the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation
Agency where legislated.
2. Understanding of mental health/psychiatry service/crisis work and ability to work within a demanding mental health assessment and crisis/acute management service.
3. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with consumers and carers has experience working with families and carers who are coping with mental health illness.
4. Knowledge of the Mental Health Act or ability to rapidly acquire this knowledge.
5. Demonstrated effective verbal, written, negotiation and interpersonal communication skills.
6. Experience with early intervention principles and CALD issues.
7. Current Drivers Licence valid within Australia and willingness to use same for work purposes