Purpose of Position
- Practice independently and interdependently assuming accountability and responsibility for their own actions
- Delegate care to Enrolled Nurses and Assistants in Nursing taking into consideration the education and training of enrolled nurses and health care workers and the context of care
- Provide evidence-based nursing care to people of all ages and cultural groups, including individuals, families and communities
- Carry out promotion and maintenance of health and prevention of illness for individual/s with physical or mental illness, disabilities and/or rehabilitation needs, as well as alleviation of pain and suffering at the end stage of life
- Provide care in a range of settings that may include acute, community, residential and extended care settings, homes, educational institutions or other work settings and modifies practice according to the model/s of care delivery
- Take on a leadership role in the coordination of nursing and health care within and across different care contexts to facilitate optimal health outcomes
- Collaborate with other relevant health professionals, service providers and community and support services
- Contribute to quality health care through life long learning and professional development, research data generation, clinical supervision and development of policy and clinical practice guidelines
Visit us on Facebook ©
- We offer Salary Packaging options for our eligible staff.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. We recognise the value of Aboriginal staff, to Far West LHD, and to the health of the Aboriginal people and communities in our District. Please visit our Aboriginal Recruitment tool, Stepping Up.
- Please note that to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident, or be able to independently, legally live and work in Australia. For more information please see www.immi.gov.au
- Successful applicants will be required to obtain required vaccinations prior to commencing employment. Please click on the link for further information: http://www0.health.nsw.gov.au/policies/pd/2011/pdf/PD2011_005.pdf
- Criminal record checks will be undertaken on successful applicants. If you are successful for a position designated as child-related employment you will be required to obtain a Working with Children clearance from the Office of the Children’s Guardian. To apply, please go to https://wwccheck.ccyp.nsw.gov.au/Applicants/Application
Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and a Current Australian drivers licence.
Demonstrated ability to practice in accordance with legislation, policies and procedures affecting Registered Nursing practice.
Demonstrated ability to accept accountability and responsibility for own actions within Registered Nurses scope of practice and works within the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Councils (ANMC) Framework 'Competency Standards for a Registered Nurse'.
Evidence of participation in own professional development and commitment to maintaining competence and enhancement of skills.
Current or willingness to obtain a Level 2 First Aid certificate within 3 months of employment.
Demonstrated understanding of evidence-based best practice and its contribution to changing practice and policies within the organisation.
Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
Ensures that the quality of care provided to patients is safe, efficient, effective, accessible, timely and consumer focused.
Demonstrated ability to adhere to the defined standards of ethical and professional conduct consistent with the current NSW Health Code of Conduct and/or relevant professional standards where applicable.