Looking for a challenge? Kids Health, the Child Health Promotion Unit and Bookshop is looking for a special person to provide administrative support to health promotion staff and manage the day operations of the bookshop. This is a temporary position pending the outcome of a review of the bookshop operations. The successful applicant will play a key role in the review of the bookshop operations.
This position is Temporary Full Time up to 31/012/2017 and is classified as an Administrative Officer Level 3.
SCHN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all suitably qualified applicants to apply, including Indigenous Australians, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
**You may be required to work in any facility within The Sydney Children's Hospitals Network. Should this occur, reasonable notice will be provided.**
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. We recognise the value of Aboriginal staff providing health care to Aboriginal children and families that access the services we provide at the Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network. Aboriginal job applicants are encouraged to visit the NSW Health Aboriginal Recruitment tool, Stepping Up to assist in preparing your application.
1. Significant retail and or front of house experience. Bookshop, library or health information service context is preferred but not essential
2. Experience in stock management and control, cataloguing and procurement, including familiarity with government procurement systems and procedures
3. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
4. Exceptional organisational and time management skills
5. Demonstrated experience using an accounting software package for daily transactions, preparation of banking, reconciliation and reporting
6. Highly developed oral and written communication skills
7. Well-developed skills in the use of Microsoft Office applications