To provide safe and effective patient-centred nursing care to the patients/clients
and carers of Sydney West Area Health Service.
Purpose Of Position :
• To work collaboratively with members of the multidisciplinary health team in the
planning, implementation, assessment and evaluation of care within the unit.
• To ensure optimal outcomes for patients/clients and carers of the service through
the promotion of best practice.
• To effectively manage resources relevant to the service.
• To act as an advocate for the specific needs of all patients/clients and carers
including those from the indigenous population or other multi-cultural groups
providing appropriate care to the patient/client undergoing specialised procedures.
• To maintain and promote a professional standard evidenced by ethical nursing
practice, adherence to the policies and standards of the Nursing Service, Sydney
West Area Health Service and the appropriate legislation and statutory regulations.
• To provide support and education to Trainee Enrolled Nurses, undergraduate and
post graduate nurses