This is a Temporary Full Time position, working 38 hours hours per week until 16/08/2013, and classified as 'Dependent on Qualifications'. This position is located in Wagga Wagga and belongs to Murrumbidgee Local Health District.
Do you have an interest in providing support and advocacy to children and young people whom have experienced Physical Abuse, Emotional Abuse and/or Neglect?Join a team where counselling will be the core task of your role, however co-ordination of health service delivery to the child and advocacy for client interests within the child protection response will also be significant responsibilities. The position is based in Wagga Wagga and provides service to the communities of Junee, Temora, Cootamundra, West Wyalong, Gundagai, Tumut and Batlow.
1. A Degree/Diploma qualification from a recognised tertiary institution in Social Work, Psychology, or Welfare work, as deemed appropriate to the role and responsibilities of the position.
2. Demonstrated successful experience utilising a range of therapeutic interventions that assist children and young people and their families to respond to the experience of trauma and alter abusive or harmful interactions in personal relationships.
3. Demonstrated successful experience of promoting the interests and rights of children and young people, particularly in relation to their health and protection from harm and exploitation.
4. Demonstrated understanding of the dynamics of all types of child abuse and neglect and the impact of maltreatment upon children, young people and their families.
5. Demonstrated understanding of, or willingness to become familiar with the legal, procedural and philosophical structure of child protection systems in the State of New South Wales.
6. Demonstrated ability to perform child protection work in co-operation with other professionals in a co-ordinated and planned manner.
7. Ability and willingness to travel for work purposes. This may involve driving long distances with the Health Service.
Evidence of a current Class C drivers licence.