Purpose of Position
The Record Control and Processing Manager, Health Information and Record Service (HIRS) is responsible for the efficient and effective management and organisation of the health care record control and processing functions, both paper and electronic, within the Health Information and Record Service at Blacktown and Mt Druitt Hospital.
The primary objectives are:
- Management and organisation of record control and processing functions of the Health Information and Record Service, and supervision, rostering, training and development of staff in the Record Control and Processing team
- Facilitate the maintenance of health care records by contributing to effective forms design and collation of records in an orderly manner
- Ensure accessibility and timely availability of health care records for the purposes of patient care and research review
- Provide an efficient, prompt and customer focused service that provides accurate information in the form of health care records that are maintained according to Policy and Procedure
- Create an atmosphere that encourages team work, and ongoing learning and development.
A full-time permanent position exists for a suitably qualified applicant to perform the duties of Record Control and Processing Manager in the Health Information and Record Service across Blacktown and Mt Druitt hospital.
People with disabilities who meet the selection criteria are encouraged to apply. Where required, Western Sydney Local Health District will implement reasonable adjustment consistent with industry standard.
Only permanent, temporary or casual employees with 12 months continuous service within the Local Health Districts, NSW Ministry of Health, Health Administration Corporation, Statutory Health Corporations and the Ambulance Service of NSW are eligible to apply.
This position is Permanent Full time, working 38 hours per week and is classified as a Medical Records Manager Grade 2.
8. Proven negotiation, problem solving and delegation skills with ability to make informed decisions.
7. Excellent organisational skills with proven ability to organise, prioritise and meet pre-determined targets and deadlines.
6. Change management and business process re-engineering skills, with the ability to sustain a co-operative team environment.
5. Demonstrated skill in the use of computerised PAS and record control systems, as well as sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Products to complete high level reports, briefs, presentations and quality reports.
4. Ability to provide input, interpret, monitor and evaluate policies, procedures and guidelines.
3. Demonstrated high level of leadership and management, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
2. Demonstrated professional knowledge and experience applicable to health information and records management, and related quality improvement activities.
1. Bachelor of Applied Science (Health Information Management) or equivalent tertiary qualification with eligibility for membership of HIMAA. NSW drivers licence required.