Central Coast Local Health District, Gosford offers an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse to work in a comprehensive “Best-Practice" diabetes education service. It is a unique opportunity to develop and expand your broad diabetes knowledge within our integrated Multi-disciplinary Team, whilst providing services in both the hospital and community settings.
- Applications invited from Registered Nurses with suitable qualifications and experience for employment as a Diabetes Educator.
- Registered Nurse/Diabetes Educator (as per Public Health System Nurses’ & Midwives’ (State) Award).
- Graduate Certificate in Diabetes Education and ADEA Credentialed, or willingness to work towards.
- Contributing to the provision of a comprehensive diabetes education service in the Central Coast Local Health District (CCLHD).
- Full-time, permanent position.
- Salary packaging available
- Contact: Brett Fenton, Nurse Unit Manager 02 4320 3321, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and application package.
Applicants selected for interview must complete relevant pre-employment checks and provide proof of identification.
Current drivers licence.
Evidence of personal time management capabilities and effective problem solving and negotiation skills.
Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft computer applications and medical software programs.
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients/patients, carers, other care providers including specialists, LMO’s, and hospital clinicians as well as other team members.
Registration with AHPRA as Registered Nurse Division 1 with recent clinical nursing experience in Diabetes education.
Credentialed Diabetes educator or intending on working towards same.
Demonstrated ability to work independently, have exceptional interpersonal skills, and work effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
Completed or working towards Grad cert in Diabetes Education. Can demonstrate experience providing diabetes education and promoting patient self-management.