Are you an experienced Mental Health Registered Nurse who’s looking for an exciting career in the Forensic Hospital?
The Forensic Hospital is an integral part of the Forensic Mental Health Network and is operated by the Justice Health & Forensic Mental Health Network. Located at Malabar, this purpose-built 135-bed facility provides high-quality specialised care to male and female, adolescent and adult forensic mental health patients in a high-secure therapeutic environment.
Opportunities exist for applicants to join our professional team in an expanding and dynamic service. If you’re an experienced Registered Nurse (RN2-8) who has completed a Mental Health Transition Program or has demonstrated mental health nursing experience in Australia or an equivalent health system, why not challenge yourself to work within the unique environment of the Forensic Hospital? Some benefits include:
- Additional allowances apply to this position - $3.3028 per hour
- Comprehensive 2 week Orientation Program upon commencement – next intake is 3 April 2017
- Ongoing educational programs to assist with the transition to forensic mental health and support you in your professional development
- Rotating roster of 8 and 10 hour shifts across 7 days
- Salary Packaging options and Fitness Passport (for eligible staff)
- On-site and street parking as well as easy access to public transport
- Multiple permanent full time vacancies for RN2-8
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.